This amazing hummus is thick, flavourful, and healthy. Hummus is a hearty dip made from chickpeas, and it goes well with a variety of foods. Anything that is good with dip is good with hummus!
The recipe for this amazing hummus comes together quickly, just 40 seconds in a Vitamix with a tamper, and has a rich garlic flavour. If you do not have a Vitamix, a food processor or blender will work; just make sure to stop to scrape down the sides of the blender jar to incorporate all the ingredients, and blend for a bit longer to create the desired smooth hummus texture.
Using soy sauce instead of adding salt creates a nice flavour and the perfect texture without diluting the hummus with water. If you prefer not to use soy sauce, add about 1/4 tsp of salt and 2tbsp of water from the chickpeas.
- 1 tbsp tahini Optional
- 1 cup chickpeas Cooked chickpeas (drained and cooled) or canned (drained)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice and/or lime juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp sautéed or roasted garlic and onions
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, pausing as needed to scrape down the sides of the blender jar to ensure all ingredients are incorporated. Add additional lemon juice, 1 tsp at a time, as needed to make the hummus blend smoothly. In a Vitamix, blending should take about 40 seconds on high speed.
Comments are closed.