Summer treat smoothie is a delicious blend of watermelon, banana, apple, orange, and strawberries. Enjoy a sweet, tropical taste.
When watermelon starts to get too ripe, it can start to develop a grainy texture. Grainy watermelon is not as enjoyable to eat as fresh, perfectly textured watermelon. But overripe or grainy watermelon works great in smoothies.
Frozen strawberries make the smoothie cold and thick. The natural sweetness of watermelon, apple, and banana balance the tangy orange to create the perfect sweet taste.
A smoothie is a quick and healthy snack that you can enjoy any time! For this smoothie, you will need:
- 1.5 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1/2 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries + 1/2 cup coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk. Or you can use fresh strawberries instead. If using fresh strawberries you will not need to add any liquid.
- Optional 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Add the ingredients to a blender cup in the order suggested by your blender manufacturer. I added the liquid first, followed by the fresh fruits in the order listed above, and frozen strawberries last. Blend for about 45 seconds or until perfectly smooth, and serve.
Summer Treat Smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut milk Any kind of plant based milk can be used. Not needed if using fresh strawberries.
- 1.5 cups watermelon cubed
- 1.2 banana
- 1 apple A sweet variety, such as gala, works best.
- 1 orange peeled
- 1/2 cup strawberries Frozen (or fresh, see above)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract optional
- Add the ingredients to a blender cup in the order above or as suggested by your blender manufacturer. Blend for about 45 seconds or until perfectly smooth, and serve.
More Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more delicious and easy smoothie recipes? Try these!