Banana bread is a delicious snack or breakfast. This easy and healthy banana bread tastes just like any banana bread, but instead of being filled with sugar, it is naturally sweetened with dates. Try this recipe if you are looking for a simple and healthy snack.
This vegan banana bread recipe creates a small, moist loaf of sweet banana bread. You will love the familiar texture and flavour. It is just like the banana bread you’re used to! This recipe is oil-free, sugar-free, and nut free. You can add nuts, seeds, berries, or even chocolate chips if you want to, but this simple recipe creates a nice banana loaf as-is, without any add-ins.
Dates are a delicious and healthy natural sweetener. Unlike sugar, honey, molasses, and various other sweeteners, dates do not raise blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Dates are a healthier way to sweeten foods, and as an added health bonus, dates contain fibre.
Sometimes healthy baking recipes are complicated, but not this one! You can easily make this banana bread with just a few minutes of preparation. The ingredients are simple. You need the following ingredients.
Easy and Healthy Banana Bread Ingredients
- 2/3 of a cup of dates
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3 bananas (very ripe bananas are best)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of flour (I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of unbleached flour)
The process for making the batter for this easy and healthy banana bread involves mixing the wet ingredients together in a bowl, mixing the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and then mixing the wet and dry ingredients together. Pour or scoop the batter into a loaf pan. I lined the pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the banana bread after baking. Bake at 350F for 45 – 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife in the centre of the loaf to confirm whether the banana bread is done. If it comes out clean, you will know that the banana bread is baked enough. If it comes out sticky, bake for a few more minutes.
After baking, remove the loaf from the pan and set it on a cooling rack to cool. Store the cooled banana bread in a bag or container and use within 1 or 2 days while it is still fresh.
Easy and Healthy Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup Dates
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 Bananas Very ripe bananas are best.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Set the oven to preheat to 350F. Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork.
- Add dates and water to a blender. Blend the dates and water, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender jar as needed, until a smooth paste is achieved. This will take about 30 seconds of blending in a high speed blender. You can also add one of the bananas for easier blending.
- Pour the date paste into a bowl with the bananas. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients. Stir until mostly smooth and no large pieces of banana remain.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Avoid excessive stirring. Stop when there are no dry patches remaining.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a spoon or spatula. The loaf pan should be half to three quarters full.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 – 55 minutes.
- The banana bread should be brown on top and spring back when touched. It is finished baking when a knife or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- After baking, remove the loaf from the pan and set it on a cooling rack to cool. Once cool, slice and serve.
- Store the cooled banana bread in a bag or container and use within 1 or 2 days while it is still fresh.
You must be logged in to post a comment.