Noodle stir fry with peanut sauce is a quick way to make a delicious and healthy meal. You can use any kind of noodles. Rice noodles or spaghetti work very well in this recipe.
The sauce has a robust peanut flavour. Easily make the sauce spicier or milder according to your preferences.
With this rich peanut sauce, noodles, vegetables, and tofu, this dish is very filling. It is a perfect one-dish meal, with no side dish needed! Noodle stir fry is ready in half an hour (or even faster if you use pre-cut fresh or frozen vegetables).
Ingredients for Noodle Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Tofu (half a package)
Broccoli (1 – 2 large crowns)
Carrots (2 or 3 medium to large carrots)
1/2 small onion
3 cloves garlic
Stir fry onions and garlic (chopped small). Add tofu cubes. In a separate pan cook carrot. Add carrot and broccoli once tofu is brown.
For crispy tofu, use extra firm tofu. Wrap the tofu in a clean towel and press by putting a cold heavy pan on top for a few minutes. This will take out some of the moisture and make the tofu more dense for cooking, resulting in a crispier texture.
I recommend natural peanut butter for this recipe – the kind made with just peanuts and no other ingredients. For a lower calorie sauce, you can use less peanut butter, but may need to add some soy sauce or replace the peanut butter with vegetable broth and a bit of flour or corn starch to maintain flavour and ensure the sauce is not watery. If adding flour or corn starch, mix with liquid first (outside of the pan) and then add the smooth mixture to the rest of the sauce. Adding flour or corn starch directly will result in a lumpy sauce, so make sure to avoid this.
If you are in a hurry, use pre-chopped fresh or frozen vegetables. It will cut down on preparation time so this noodle stir fry with peanut sauce is available even faster! Even when preparing with fresh, uncut vegetables, this dish comes together in about half an hour. It is great for when you are in a hurry and looking for something healthy!
You may also like Thai Peanut Noodle Stir Fry.
Noodle Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Frying pan
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 crowns Broccoli
- 1/2 package Extra firm tofu
- 1/2 package Noodles Use half of a large package of rice noodles or spaghetti - enough for 4 servings.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat. Bring a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, wash and cut vegetables and set aside sauce ingredients. Once the water is boiling, add pasta to cook.
- Mince onion and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Cut tofu into cubes (2cm x 2cm). Add to the onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so all sides are browned. Remove from the pan (scoop out the tofu into a bowl and set aside).
- Slice carrots into thin slices and add to hot pan. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from heat, drain and rinse.
- Add the tofu back to the pan with the carrots. Add broccoli. Cover with a lid for 2 minutes to steam the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend on high speed for 3 seconds. Pour over the vegetables and tofu. Stir, and heat for 1 more minute until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add the drained, cooked pasta to the vegetables and sauce. Stir thoroughly to coat the pasta, and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.