If you like light and fluffy waffles, this easy vegan recipe is for you. With simple ingredients, you can quickly make waffles to eat right away or refrigerate for later. These waffles can be re-heated in the toaster for a quick breakfast or snack.
Ingredients for a half recipe (4 waffles)
3/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vinegar
A cup of flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp oil
Add 1 tsp vinegar to soy milk and let sit while preparing the other ingredients. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
Add a small amount of batter to waffle iron, just enough to cover the surface. Cook for 8 minutes.
Makes 4 small waffles.
Check out additional waffle recipes such as oil-free chocolate banana waffles and quick vegan waffles.
Tips for Light and Fluffy Vegan Waffles
Preheat the waffle iron and then lightly oil to ensure the waffles do not stick. Leftover oil from a measuring spoon works well.
Avoid over-filling the waffle iron with batter. Just put a small amount – it will rise significantly as it cooks, and will easily overflow if filled too high.
Cooking times may vary. Generally the waffles are done when steam stops coming out from the sides of the waffle maker – usually after about 8 minutes. Try to avoid opening the waffle maker before the waffles are fully cooked.
These waffles are excellent plain or with toppings such as maple syrup, whipped coconut cream, jam, fresh fruit, or frozen fruit.
Serve the waffles hot. They can be refrigerated or frozen and later reheated in the toaster.
Light and Fluffy Vegan Waffles
- Waffle Maker
- 1.5 cups Soy Milk
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Add 1 tsp vinegar to soy milk and let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
- Lightly oil the surface of the waffle maker. Add a small amount of batter to waffle iron, just enough to cover the surface. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cooked waffles and keep warm in a 250 degree oven. Add batter to the waffle iron and cook for about 8 minutes. Repeat until all batter is used. Makes about 8 small waffles.
You must be logged in to post a comment.