If you like mild, non-spicy curry, you will enjoy this mild coconut curry recipe. It is easy, quick, and healthy.
For this curry dish, you will need:
Juice from half a lemon
Yellow curry powder
Cooked rice, noodles, or potatoes
This is a low sodium dish, but if you are not restricting sodium intake, add salt, miso, or soy sauce to taste. You can add additional spices if desired – lime juice, ginger, and hot pepper flakes make a spicier dish.
Use a variety of vegetables for a colourful and flavourful curry. Onions, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, spinach and broccoli work well, but additional kinds of vegetables are good, too. If you want an even more filling meal, chickpeas or tofu are tasty additions.
To make this curry, I like to prepare rice in a rice cooker and stir fry the vegetables while the rice steams. When the vegetables are almost finished cooking, I add the spices and sauce ingredients, stir thoroughly, and then allow the sauce to heat through.
From start to finish, this dish takes about half an hour to prepare. For an even quicker option, use jasmine rice (which only takes about 15 minutes to cook) and frozen vegetables, and the mild coconut curry will be ready in just 15 minutes.
Mild Coconut Curry
- rice cooker
- cast iron frying pan
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 5 Cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Broccoli
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Onion flakes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Yellow curry powder
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- Prepare rice in rice cooker (2 cups rice, 4 cups water).
- While rice cooks, preheat a cast iron frying pan.
- Chop vegetables, and add to hot pan, starting with onions. Stir fry onions for 1 minute and then add carrots. Stir fry for 4 more minutes and then add peppers. After 3 more minutes add spinach and broccoli.
- Add the spices and sauce ingredients, stir thoroughly, and then allow the sauce to heat through. Once the sauce is hot and bubbly and rice is cooked, the meal is ready. Add a serving of rice to each plate, spoon vegetables and sauce over rice, and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.